The University of Manchester is one of the UK’s most appreciated and internationally well-known institutions. It was founded in the year 1824 as the Royal School of Medicine and Surgery. And now this university have the seventh-largest endowment in the UK. Manchester is home to more than 40,000 students from 100 different countries across the world. It is second in the UK in terms of the highest number of students. Moreover, the acceptance rate at University of Manchester is around 60%.
Cost of living in Manchester
The student accommodation options in Manchester will cost you most of the money after tuition fees. However, living in this city is quite affordable, so they do not have to think about spending extra pounds. If you need to stay in private student housing, it is recommended to have a budget of around £400-£750 per month for living and other personal expenses.
- Food: £70-£120/week
- Gas and electricity: £40-£60/week
- Internet & mobile phone: £20-£40/week
- Dinner at a restaurant: £30-£120/week
- Laundry: £15-£30/week
- Stationery and Textbooks: £10-£30/week
- Clothing: £40-£75/month
- Travel (buses, trams, and trains): £50-£120/month
Why you should study at the University of Manchester
- Renowned music scene: Manchester is home to bands like Oasis, The Smiths, Joy Division as well as The Stone Roses and this legacy continues till now. From smaller music venues like the Deaf Institute to unique spaces such as Albert Hall to astronomical venues like Manchester Arena, you will always find something or the other happening in this city. You can go for a night out in the city will be a wonderful experience. From Canal Street to Deansgate Locks to Warehouse Project, you will find something or the other over here. Nightlife does not mean that you have to listen to boring music, but there is also a whole host of theatre and comedy clubs. You can check out what is there at the Palace Theatre, the Opera House, the Frog and Bucket, or the Comedy Store.
- Dynamic student community: The University of Manchester is known to have the largest student population across Europe. You will find more than 40,000 students. There are around 1,00,000 students studying across the whole city.
- The nightlife: Manchester is known to have an amazing nightlife. There is a huge variety when it comes to nightlife. O2 Academy hosts some of the biggest names when it comes to music. Northern Quarter is one of the best places where you can have complete fun. Manchester is known to have a wide range of venues that host an impressive line-up of renowned DJs if you want to dance off your stress after having a busy week. You will also find a wide range of cocktail bars like 20 stories which are perfect for throwing your birthday party or going for a date night. Manchester is known to have a reputation for being one of the best night outs across the UK. This is something which you can expect if you select to study over here.
- Great transportation links: Though Magic Buses are quite renowned as it trundle along Oxford Road, Manchester’s wider transportation links are a well-connected and international city. It is located just two hours from London by train and it can be easily accessible. Manchester’s tram network is also expanding so it is best to get to the airport and explore different parts of Greater Manchester you might not go to otherwise. The airport is one of the busiest in the UK and it has flights to 199 destinations which is well-connected to different parts of the world. Artisan Heights Manchester Accommodation has amazing connectivity.
- Great educational opportunities: The University of Manchester as well as the Manchester Metropolitan University offer students a wide range of courses. In addition to it, the University of Manchester has been ranked in the top 20 UK universities as per the Complete University Guide’s 2024 leagues tables, while Manchester Metropolitan University has invested around £400 million into developing its teaching as well as research facilities.
Manchester is known to have two top-notch universities, the University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University. The University of Manchester is one of the largest universities across the UK and they are known to offer the students with the best undergrad degrees to their thousands of students. Manchester Metropolitan University is known to offer students a wide range of higher education programs as well as research opportunities. They offer the students with dedicated employment services for graduate students. the university is renowned for its strong focus on employability skills and has produced a wide range of successful business professionals from its alumni base. Both universities are known to provide students with amazing academic standards combined with student life experiences.