How to Avoid Boarding Issues: The Rules for UAE Transit Visa
Millions of people visit Dubai every year, drawn there by the many chances there, mostly related to tourism and work. But most of these tourists need more information about the exact steps they need to take to get a visa for their trip. If you want to see Dubai, you need to know the UAE transit visa rules and laws.
This detailed blog post clears up any confusion about these transit visa rules by giving all the important details. Read on to get more information about this important subject.
How do I get a transit visa?
People who have a UAE Transit Visa can go through the country without leaving the airport. There are two types of UAE Transit Visa: those that are good for 48 or 96 hours.
Types of UAE Transit Visa
There are two kinds of transit passes that the government gives out:
- Dubai visa for 48 hours: With this visa, travelers can stay for up to 48 hours during their stopover. It is usually only offered to people flying on certain airlines and leaving from certain countries, and it’s made for short layovers.
- Dubai visa for 96 hours: This visa, like the 48-hour visa, lets travelers stay for up to 96 hours (4 days) while they are traveling. Again, factors like the airline, a person’s country, and others frequently affect eligibility.
Who Needs A Visa To Pass Through?
Assuming you can’t get a UAE visa when you arrive or aren’t exempt from needing to get a vacation visa for the UAE. Plus, let’s say you have a connecting flight in 48 or 96 hours. In that case, the following is very important to know:
- People who want to get a travel visa for the UAE can’t be citizens of Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Niger, or Yemen.
- If your country isn’t allowed to enter the United Arab Emirates without a visa or with a visa on arrival, you will need a transit visa.
How Long Does the UAE Transit Visa Last?
A transit visa for the UAE is good for 14 days after the date it was issued. You can use it during those days. If you get a transit visa, though, you can only stay for 48 or 96 hours after you get there.
Countries not required a UAE Transit Visa:
- Saudi Arabia
People who live in the above countries can go where they want. With just their card or ID, they can get into any emirate in the UAE.
Some countries can stay in the UAE for 180 days without a visa. Mexicans can go to the UAE and stay for up to 180 days without a visa.
Countries that can stay in the UAE for 90 days without a visa:
- EU member states (excluding the UK and Ireland)
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Countries that can stay in the UAE for 30 days without a visa:
How to Get a Dubai Visa When You Get There?
Getting a UAE Transit Visa is easy if you are from one of these countries: You can get a visa when you arrive in Dubai or any other UAE city.
What You Need For A Transit Visa
You need the following to get a transit visa:
- A passport and travel papers that are good for at least three months.
- A picture of yourself with a white background.
- A reservation for a ticket to go to a third place, different from where you started.
Along with the other requirements listed, you may need a passport or other travel document that is good for at least six months.
How Long A UAE Transit Visa Is Valid
A Dubai 48-hour visa and a Dubai 96-hour visa are both types of transit passes. Keep in mind that you can only stay in the country until the date on your ticket. The clock starts running on the time limit as soon as you enter the UAE.
Getting a UAE transit visa extended
Your UAE transit visa can only be extended for the number of hours it says it can be. You can only change a Dubai 48-hour visa to a Dubai 96-hour visa if you already have one. The 96-hour visa can be extended for more time.
To sponsor someone’s trip to the UAE, both the applicant and the supporter must show certain paperwork. This person needs to bring a colored passport photo, a copy of their current passport that is still valid for at least six months, a copy of their flight ticket for an Emirates trip or a flight with another codeshare partner, and a visa application form that is fully filled out.
Sponsoring soemone to visit the UAE
Different types of paperwork are needed depending on the type of company sponsoring the person. Emirates Group workers need to bring a copy of their staff ID. For sponsors who work for governments or semi-governments, you need a pay certificate in Arabic, their passport, and proof that they live in the country.
For free-zone businesses, they need a salary certificate in Arabic from the free-zone government and a copy of the sponsor’s passport or proof from where they live. Private companies that hire workers must send a copy of their visa or proof that they live in the country and the job contract. Investors and partners need to show proof of where they live and a copy of their visa.
The following are the minimum salary requirements for sponsors:
- AED 4,000 for relatives (visitor/applicant).
- AED 4,000 for the wife, kids, parents, and in-law.
- AED 5,500 for siblings, children, and dependents
- For in-law brothers and sisters: 7,000 AED
- For family members and close friends: AED 10,000
Where and how to get a UAE Transit Visa
You can easily apply for your planned UAE visa online at emirates.com. People from a number of different places can use this service. To do this, go to Manage your booking after you’ve booked your Emirates trip.
Passports should be able to be read by machines and be good for at least six months after the date of your trip. This choice is only for people who have confirmed flights and reservations with Emirates. If you live in the UAE, family members can apply for you at ticket offices in the UAE.
Terms & Condition for a UAE Transit Visa
- When you apply for a visa, you have to pay a fee.
- Visa handling fees are higher than usual.
- The person can only fly to and from Dubai with Emirates or codeshares.
- You can’t get your entry fees back.
- Since the visa has already been used, the ticket cannot be returned.
- A visa will be ready in three to four business days.
- To enter the UAE, you need to have permission from the immigration office.
- Only the 96-hour and 48-hour visas are only good for 30 days after they are issued. Other than those, all visas are good for 60 days after they are issued to enter Dubai.
The UAE has the most diverse group of tourists because it has seven-star hotels, beaches with clear water, huge dunes, and streets lined with million-dollar cars. To visit this place, it would be helpful if you had a UAE tourist visa. If you follow all the rules, getting this visa might be easier than you think.