If you’re thinking about a journey to Turkey from Dubai but are confused about where to start, Don’t worry, you’ve reached the right place! In this article, I’m going to cover all you need to understand about getting a Turkey visa from Dubai. How? Let me show you what we’re going to cover! We’ll look at the procedure for what you need for your visa, how much it costs, and how long it takes.
Let’s get started!
Everything You Need to Know About Turkey Visas for Dubai Residents:
Sometimes, understanding how to apply for a Turkey visa from Dubai can be challenging if you don’t know where to start. But don’t worry! Let me guide you through the process. We’ll begin by tackling the simpler aspects. Let’s delve into the specifics of obtaining a Turkey visa for individuals residing in Dubai.
What Is The Turkey Visa All About?
As a Dubai resident, to visit Turkey, you will need a visa. Commonly referred to as a Turkey Tourist Visa, it grants you special permission to explore the wonders of Turkey.
Types of Visas For Turkey:
- Visit/Tourist Visa: This is the most popular type for tourists. You can opt for either a single visit or multiple visits within a 90-day period.
- Business Visa: Ideal for those visiting Turkey for business meetings or similar activities.
- Transit Visa: Necessary if you’re passing through Turkey en route to another destination.
- Work Visa: Required if you have a job in Turkey, along with a work permit.
- Student Visa: For individuals planning to study in Turkey.
Validity of the Visa and Cost to Understand:
- Validity: The visa is valid for 180 days, but your stay is limited to 90 days.
- Cost: The Turkey visa fee from the UAE is approximately USD 60 (about AED 220). It’s important to note that this fee is non-refundable if your application is not successful.
What’s the Processing Time for a Turkey Visa?
- Visa on Arrival: Yes, Dubai citizens have the option of obtaining a Turkey visa upon arrival. However, it’s advisable to arrange it before your trip.
- Applying Online: The online application process is efficient and user-friendly.
- Processing Time: Typically, it takes about 3 to 5 working days to process a Turkey visa. However, it’s wise to allow some extra time for any unforeseen delays.
With this information, you’re now equipped to understand how to apply for a Turkey visa from Dubai, including the types of visas available, their validity, and the associated costs.
Why an E-Visa?
Turkey’s e-Visa replaces the old sticker visa. It’s an electronic visa you can apply for online, anytime, and anywhere. Just fill out the application, pay the fee, and you’re all set.
How Long Can I Stay in Turkey If My Visa Is Still Good?
- Apply Early: To avoid any last-minute issues, it’s best to apply for your visa well in advance.
- Stay Duration: The visa lets you stay for 90 days, so plan your trip.
- Keep track of how long you stay to avoid overstaying, since the e-Visa system won’t remind you.
Now it’s time to talk about the requirements to understand the complex process!
Required Documents for the Turkey Visa:
If you want to get a Turkey visa, you need to have certain papers ready before you apply. Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
- Passport: Your passport should be good for at least 6 months from when you plan to arrive in Turkey. Make sure it has at least two blank pages.
- Photos: You need two recent passport-sized photos. They should be 5×6 cm in size with a white background.
If you live in the United Arab Emirates, you must have a house permit valid for six more months. Bring a copy of this permit, your visa, and your Emirates ID.
- Travel Plans: You should have documents like round-trip flight tickets. But don’t buy your tickets until you get your visa.
- Where You’ll Stay: You need proof of where you’re staying, like a hotel booking. Wait to confirm your hotel until after you get your visa. If someone invites you, tell them about the invitation, how long you’ll stay, and when you’ll come back. You also need their contact information and a copy of their ID.
- Travel Insurance: Get travel health insurance that covers your whole trip in Turkey. Show proof of this insurance.
- Job Proof: If you work for someone, bring a letter from your company. If you own a company, please bring a letter on company letterhead. Also, bring your trade license and bank statements from the last 3 months. If you’re retired, bring documents about your retirement and pension.
To apply for a tourist visa, you need an invitation letter from your host. Please provide the host’s information, your relationship, address, phone number, and the purpose and length of your visit.
- Extra Documents: If you lived in Turkey before, bring your old house or work permit. If you live in another country, bring that house document. Also, if you had a Turkish, Schengen, USA, or UK visa before, bring those too.
This is a basic list, but sometimes you might need other papers too. It’s good to check everything before you apply.
It’s easy to get a Turkey visa from Dubai if you know what to do. Keep in mind that you’ll need a valid visa, recent shots, maybe an apartment permit, travel insurance, and proof that you have permission to stay in Turkey. Visas come in different forms, and the whole process can be done online. It doesn’t cost much and only takes a few days. Make sure you have every document you need ready so that the application process goes quickly.