Kingston University Located in the lively city of London, Kingston University offers students a vibrant campus experience coupled with rigorous degree programs across multiple disciplines. With roots dating back to 1899, Kingston has grown into a large public university focused on career preparation and research excellence. This article will provide an overview of Kingston University and all it has to offer prospective students.
Overview of Kingston University
- Public university founded in 1899, awarded university status in 1992
- Located in Kingston upon Thames, southwest London on a large park-like campus
- Home to over 15,000 undergraduate students and over 2,500 postgraduates
- Four academic faculties: Arts and Social Sciences, Business and Social Care, Health, Science and Sport
- Known for vocational degrees aligned with career paths in areas like business, nursing, and media
- Over 100 undergraduate degree programs and 70 postgraduate degrees
- Excellence in teaching quality with a Gold Teaching Excellence Award
With its long history and beautiful campus near central London, Kingston provides students a full-fledged university experience.
Distinctive Colleges and Facilities
In addition to faculties, Kingston contains several distinguished colleges and facilities:
- Kingston School of Art – Prestigious creative fields college with its own gallery space for exhibits
- Kingston Business School – Holds accreditations from AMBA, EQUIS, and AACSB for quality programs
- Dorich House Museum – Contains artwork collections from sculptor Dora Gordine on campus
- Stanley Picker Gallery – Major contemporary art gallery hosting exhibitions and events
- Kingston Sports Park – Brand new swimming pool complex, gym, and courts for student use Listed buildings like Kingston Hill Campus manor – Add historic charm to the scenery
From art galleries to new modern wellness facilities, Kingston’s infrastructure supports student enrichment.
Popular Degree Programs
Kingston offers a diverse range of programs from bachelor’s to doctoral level:
- Business Management – Learn core business functions and leadership skills. Customize with specializations.
- Nursing – Gain sought-after nursing qualifications through practice-based training.
- Computer Science – Build programming expertise and computational thinking skills.
- Journalism & Digital Media –Develop multimedia storytelling and communication abilities.
- Economics – Analyze markets, policies and trends through this social science degree.
- Fashion – Study creative design alongside industry insights into this competitive field.
- MBA – Earn a Master’s of Business Administration to advance into leadership roles.
- Data Analytics – Learn to derive insights from big data through this increasingly vital capability.
- Construction Management – Oversee complex construction initiatives with technical project skills.
- Psychology – Explore human thinking and behavior with research methods training.
- Pharmacy – Qualify for pharmacy licensure and high-demand roles through in-depth sciences mastery.
With vocational degrees in growing fields like digital media, computer science, and healthcare, Kingston graduates gain employable skillsets.
Campus Life Experience
Kingston fosters a close-knit on-campus community:
– Active Students’ Union – Represents students and hosts events like comedy nights and activity clubs.
– Over 160 Societies – Join student groups for anything from academics to hobbies and culture.
– Riverside Café Bar – Social venue for food, drinks and music evenings. Also hosts Freshers’ Week events.
– Roehampton Vale Campus – Offering housing for over 1,000 students in en-suite rooms.
– KU Sports – Compete through the University’s sports teams across different athletics.
– KU Cinema – Enjoy new and classic movies screened right on campus.
Between shared dorms, societies, events, bars, and recreational facilities, campus life at Kingston has extensive social and leisure opportunities.
Kingston’s Location in Vibrant London
Being situated in London provides easy access to all the city has to offer:
– Located right on the River Thames – scenic riverside surroundings
– Quick train ride into central London to iconic sights like Big Ben, London Eye, etc.
– Museums – World class options like the Natural History Museum and British Museum
– Historic streets like Portobello Road with markets and restaurants
– Performing arts venues – Experience plays and musicals in London’s famed West End
– Professional sports teams – Catch football matches at nearby stadiums
– Abundant nightlife – Eclectic pubs, clubs, comedy shows and more
Kingston’s London location lets students live the exciting cosmopolitan life while getting a thriving campus experience.
Applying to Kingston University
Kingston accepts international applicants in addition to UK students. Typical requirements include:
– Successful completion of high school/college certificates meeting eligibility standards
– English language minimums such as IELTS exam scores for non-native speakers
– Strong academic transcripts and course marks
– Personal statement and CV explaining your background and goals
– Reference letters assessing character and academic strengths
– Direct application via Kingston’s online system for simplified admissions
With rolling admissions, Kingston enables students to apply at their convenience before semester deadlines.
Kingston University offers an enriching UK campus experience coupled with London’s boundless opportunities. Students from around the world are drawn by Kingston’s industry-connected degree programs, vibrant student life, excellent academics, and highly regarded reputation in the UK university landscape. For those seeking an international education at an institution committed to graduates’ success, Kingston University is an ideal destination.