Thinking about going to Abu Dhabi for a visit or to work? You should learn about the UAE Medical Visa Test. This test is very important if you want to get a UAE residence visa because it checks if you are healthy enough to stay in the country. In this article, we will explain everything you need to know about this test, like how much it costs, how to do it, and how to keep track of your test results. It doesn’t matter if this is your first time applying or if you’re applying again; knowing about the medical test is really important.
We’ll go over all the details to help you understand the medical visa test better and make it easier for you.
Let’s get started!
Does a UAE Residence Visa Need A Medical Fitness Test?
Yes, you have to take a physical fitness test if you want to visit or work in the UAE for the first time or if you want to extend your visa. This is to keep everyone in the UAE healthy who lives and works there. You don’t have to take this test if you are younger than 18.
UAE Medical Test For Visa:
All people, men and women, must pass physical exams at government-approved health centers in order to get a residence visa or renew one. If you’re just a tourist in the UAE, this rule doesn’t apply to you.
Hepatitis, HIV, leprosy, syphilis, and tuberculosis are some of the diseases that these tests look for. This is done so that people in the UAE stay healthy.
The UAE Resident Visa Medical Fitness Exam And What Occurs During It:
In these tests, they check your blood for HIV and do a chest X-ray for tuberculosis. If you test positive for HIV or have active tuberculosis, you won’t get the visa and will be sent back to your home country.
If you have inactive tuberculosis, you’ll still be considered okay. You’ll get a one-year visa but you must get treated in the UAE.
It’s smart to get tested in your home country first if you think you might have a disease.
Some workers, like those in nurseries, homes, restaurants, beauty salons, health clubs, and domestic workers, need to be tested for syphilis and Hepatitis B. Female domestic workers also need to have a pregnancy test.
A new rule from 2016 says that when you renew your visa, you also have to be screened for tuberculosis.
Fee Applicable For The Medical Fitness Test For UAE Residence Visa:
How much you pay for the test depends on how quickly you want the results. Here are some typical costs:
- For most tests, it’s AED 260 without vaccines and AED 310 with vaccines.
- For female household workers, it’s AED 360.
- There are additional charges for tests done at mall centers and government health departments.
- The Hepatitis B vaccine costs AED 50.
Your Standard Medical Fitness Test Before Getting Your UAE Residence or Employment Visa:
Before your UAE visa is approved, they’ll do:
- Blood tests.
- A chest X-ray.
- Tests for diseases like tuberculosis, leprosy, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, and C, and syphilis.
- Pregnancy tests for certain female workers.
If they find you have any of these diseases, you won’t get your visa and will be sent back to your country.
Where Can I Get A Medical Fitness Test done?
Where you go for your test depends on where you are in the UAE:
- In Dubai, you go to Dubai Health Authority centers.
- In Abu Dhabi, you go to the Disease Prevention and Screening Centre.
- In other Emirates, you go to the Ministry of Health and Prevention centers.
Documents Required To Get The Medical Fitness Test Done:
For the test, you need:
- A copy of your passport.
- Your visa or residence permit.
- Your actual passport.
- Two passport-size photos.
- A copy of your Emirates ID if you’re renewing your visa.
- A mobile number and an email address.
Process of Getting Medical Fitness Test for Residence Visa in UAE In Dubai:
- First, fill out a form at a center approved by the DHA.
- Then pay the fee.
- Finally, go to the test center with all your documents.
Process of Getting Medical Fitness Test for Residence Visa in UAE In Abu Dhabi:
- Download the ‘Seha Visa Screening’ app.
- Sign up and upload your documents.
- Book an appointment through the app.
You should get your results within about 48 hours.
It’s important to take a medical fitness test if you want to live or work in the UAE. These tests, which check for various diseases, help keep everyone in the UAE safe. The process might seem a bit complex, but it’s quite straightforward. If you think you might have a health issue, it’s a good idea to get tested in your home country first. This will make your visa application process smoother and help keep the UAE community healthy.